Song credit goes to Christina Perri – A Thousand Years. (All rights reserved to the WMG)
“Tim and Audrey would like to thank all of you for the best wishes. Keep safe and have a very merry Christmas.”
For the first time, we got to shoot a proposal and it was real fun. It was a covert mission (ok la..more like a paparazzi mission). We went to venue a day before to scout the place, discuss how to hide those cameras and look at how to be invisible.
On that day, we were all dressed in black. Talked using walkies. Used wine bottles, glasses, cutleries, vases and flowers as cover. We sat around the restaurant as guests but with our cameras on. And yes, we achieved total invisibility. Audrey walked into the restaurant, sat with her friends and never noticed us.
Not until the prime time when Tim revealed himself with meme place cards that was part of his proposal. That was when all the cameras (all 4 in total) started rolling.
In Audrey own words 🙂
“Even scarier, there was another cameraman hiding behind me the whole time in the corner recording us eating!! Super not aware of my surroundings lo I sure become a victim of crime wan cos people will just sneak up on me and rape/rob/stab/kidnap me easily.”
Don’t worry Audrey, it was just SK with his tame camera. Not too worry.
It was a very romantic, genuine and touching proposal. Congrats to Tim and Audrey.
Tim’s blog – http://timothytiah.com/2011/12/21/video-of-our-meme-proposal
Audrey’s blog – http://fourfeetnine.com/2011/12/11/the-proposal
You can also follow Tim and Audrey on Twitter – @timothytiah (http://twitter.com/timothytiah) @fourfeetnineaud (http://twitter.com/fourfeetnineaud)
– Top 3 of The Most Heartfelt Wedding News Of 2011 by Huffington Post (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/24/wedding-stories-the-most-heartfelt_n_1164122.html#s564453&title=Meme_Proposal_Goes)
More of the Meme Proposal on news and wedding portals!
– MSNBC (http://digitallife.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/22/9632821-man-proposes-using-internet-meme-flashcards)
– CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504784_162-57347182-10391705/memorable-wedding-proposal-using-internet-memes)
– Huffington Post (http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2011/12/22/meme-filled-marriage-proposal-video_n_1164674.html)
– PC World (http://www.pcworld.com/article/246888/guy_proposes_to_girlfriend_with_memes_geek_girls_green_with_envy.html)
– Gizmodo (http://gizmodo.com/5870282/this-guy-proposed-to-his-girlfriend-with-internet-memes)
– Mashable (http://mashable.com/2011/12/22/marriage-proposal-internet-memes)
– Associated Press (http://news.yahoo.com/malaysia-proposal-video-wins-hearts-worldwide-015903552.html)
– Wedding Guide Asia (http://www.weddingguideasia.com/2011/12/the-best-of-2011)
– MSN Malaysia (http://video.malaysia.msn.com/watch/video/internet-memes-wedding-proposal-goes-viral-nuffnang-founder-proposes-to-gf/1nobs2whn?from)
– Yahoo Taiwan (http://tw.nextmedia.com/applenews/article/art_id/33924568/IssueID/20111230)